Following the same line of 2021 (2021 summary), we want to dedicate a small space in our blog to thank you for the trust you have placed in ADNTRO and give you a brief tour of your journey with us. Here is a list of the most important updates that we have been publishing during the last year. Remember, "Your DNA does not change, but the progress of science is continuous" and with ADNTRO you will always have your updated genetic code.
- A new way to see ancestral patterns.
- Ancestral patterns: a new way to explore them.
- Machine Learning techniques applications to determine your genetic similarity with modern countries.
- Body mass index calculator (BMI): intuitive and fast.
- Zinc, selenium and vitamin B6: metabolization and incorporation of personalized food suggestions.
- Updates on vitamin and mineral studies along with communication, content and visualization of your results.
- Update of genetic variants associated with diets, satiety and gluten.
- Athletic ability as new feature.
- Heart rate increase. You can find it in the sports performance section.
- Extreme sports as a new feature.
- Incorporation of new alleles reported, which improve the results in endurance sports, strength, muscle development, aerobic capacity, muscle recovery and stress fractures
- New GWAS (Genome Wide Association Studies) studies on the tegumentary, skeletal, muscular, immune, nervous, circulatory and excretory systems.
- Your health results have now a new visualization and a search engine to facilitate navigation.
- Symptomatology and heritability: new information included in your health cards. We know how important this section is and we don't want you to miss any information about it.
- Type 2 diabetes updated with a very recent study with larger sampling and published in Nature (one of the most prestigious journals in science).
- We have modified irritable bowel syndrome study with a more current study from Nature that explains a higher percentage of the heritability of this syndrome.
- Improve the visualization of your pharmacogenetics results and a search engine to find the information in a simple way.
- Update of studies for certain drugs.
- Clinical pharmacogenetics: Personalized recommendations based on the CIPIC. Scientific consortium in which the two most important drug regulatory agencies (FDA and EMA) are involved. Recommendations made are based on your genetic haplotype and in terms of drug dose adjustment.
- Mosquitoes: statistical power incrementation for PRS calculation.
- Results of COVID: updated based on the latest scientific findings (prognosis and susceptibility).
- Conway's Game of Life: something completely unprecedented. We have elaborated an initial board configuration based on your DNA and is totally unique to you. As far as we know, the first DNA-based game ever! made in collaboration with Mates Mike.
In addition, this year we have provided you access to relevant content and exclusive products and services through the "dashboard" in your personal account.
Lots of news, right? Well this is just the beginning, we have big plans for you for the rest of 2022 and for next year 2023. We don't want to reveal everything, but we would like to throw you some concepts we are working on: genetic bonsai, entropy with your DNA, improvements in navigation content and much more that we would like to keep sharing with you!
If you are not a ADNTRO community member yet, here you have a lot of reasons why to be part of our community and we encourage you to join us.